Calling all CAD Technician Estimators
Join us: Become part of a talented team that creates fabulous furniture for outstanding offices.
We’re recruiting for a bright, confident and experienced CAD Technician & Estimator to join our manufacturing team at our factory in Kingswinford.
This key position requires knowledge and expertise of estimating approaches to support the Senior Management Team in developing new products and continually evolving existing lines.
- Estimate costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to calculate feasibility of manufacture and construction of products, including unique ‘special’ items.
- Ensure consistent estimating practices adopted within the business.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and space plans based on customer supplied designs, making modifications to existing drawings.
- Ensure drawings compliant with industry and health and safety standards.
- Answer internal and external technical enquiries.
- Create and maintain manufacturing production drawings, panel specifications and assembly/installation instructions for all product ranges.
- Issue Production Process Instruction (PPI) documents when changes made and alter production drawings/assembly instructions accordingly.
- Part of the Product Development team:
- Convert initial product design drawings into manufacturing drawings for prototypes.
- Oversee prototype build, implementing and documenting changes.
- Estimate manufacturing costs.
- Create panel specifications, Bills of Materials lists, production drawings, assembly instructions and CAD drawings for new product ranges.
- Control and maintain documents for all product design projects, ready for ISO Audit.
- Experienced with a proven track record in creating accurate, high-quality detailed technical drawings in 2D and 3D using computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD.
- Skilled at multiple project-based work, working to tight deadlines and providing updates or changes to plans last minute.
- Able to transfer, display and manipulate work using Microsoft Office.
- A self-confident problem solver, using creativity and innovation to find and voice practical solutions to design issues across all levels of the business.
- Resourceful at sourcing suitable materials and components in support of new ideas.
- Well organised, efficient and thrive under pressure.
- Punctual and conscientious. A team player, able to support the wider factory team.
- Motivated, can work with minimal supervision, have a “can-do” attitude and appetite to learn and keep up to date with the latest tools, techniques and materials.
- A full-time role in a well-established company with an excellent reputation and a strong, expanding product portfolio.
- Extensive induction and thorough training to ensure your success.
- Salary flexible subject to experience and skill set: please give an indication of your expectations.
Hours of work are 08:00-17:00 Monday to Thursday, with a 13:00 finish on Friday, and 30 minutes for lunch.
The successful candidate will form part of a friendly team working in factory units on The Pensnett Estate, Kingswinford, West Midlands – with great access by public transport and plentiful onsite staff parking.
Sven Christiansen plc is a well-established designer and supplier of high-quality office furniture, manufactured at our factory in the West Midlands. A privately-owned British company founded nearly 50 years ago and employing around 150 staff. In addition to our factory, our Head office is in Guildford, a Design Studio in London and satellite showroom in Cumbernauld, Scotland.
If this sounds like you, please check out our website, then email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.