New Government Guidelines
Rules and regulations
On 7th January, the government updated its guidelines on working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Here’s a link to the latest guidance relating to “Offices and contact centres”. The key text is section 3.3 on page 12.
If any employers are in any doubt about their obligations, Section 1 (page 4) spells it out:
“Failure to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment and put in place sufficient control measures to manage the risk may be considered a breach of health and safety law.”
Any updates to the government guidance will be available via the links on this page.
The office of the future
COVID-19 is never going away: vaccination just reduces its impact. There seems a high probability that, even post-vaccination, office workers simply won’t be happy to work in unscreened close proximity to colleagues.
The workplace is likely to change, permanently. So employers who take action NOW to reconfigure and reimagine their office space won’t be wasting their money: they will be ahead of the game when current restrictions start to ease.
- Ideas for a socially distanced workplace using the Ligni range.
- Convert bench desking runs into individual desks with easy-fit reconfiguration kits.
- Install protective screens into receptions and offices from our extensive and growing range.
- Specify screens in wipeable upholstery/MFC, or seating in fabrics with antibacterial or antimicrobial properties.
- Position working pods to create peaceful and private workspaces or individual work bays in open offices, libraries and other open plan areas.
- Divide rooms using open geometric HiBox units, with integral cupboards and open shelving, plus planters for a touch of Biophilic design.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Let’s find it.