Sven Christiansen plc warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for five years from the date of purchase (three years in the case of moving parts, seating excepted: fridges one year), subject to appropriate use, care and maintenance and to compliance with Sven Christiansen’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
During the applicable warranty period, Sven Christiansen, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace any product, part, or component covered by this warranty which fails under normal use as a result of a defect in material or workmanship; Sven Christiansen will repair or replace such product, part, or component with a comparable product, part, or component. Any collection, delivery or remedial works will be carried out during our normal working hours, at the distributor’s premises or on site, at the sole discretion of Sven Christiansen plc.
This warranty is provided to the distributor who purchased the goods from Sven Christiansen and applies to furniture installed in mainland UK. Any product, part, or component must have been installed by the supplying Sven Christiansen distributor or their appointed installation agent. Any misuse, abuse, or modification to the original product voids the warranty, as does failure to follow the cleaning, maintenance and moving guidance in the Sven Christiansen Operations and Maintenance Manual.
The warranty does not apply to:
• natural variations in wood grain or figure or other naturally occurring marks in timber.
• changes in surface finishes due to aging or exposure to light.
• natural marks, scars or wrinkles in leather.
In addition, Sven Christiansen does not warrant:
• failure or deterioration resulting from normal wear and tear.
• damage or deterioration resulting from extreme environmental conditions or inappropriate storage.
• the matching of colours, grains, or textures of natural materials.
• the colourfastness or matching of colours of textiles, including exact matching to cuttings, samples or swatch cards.
• damage, marking, or staining of panel surfaces due to contact with rubber or similar compounds, liquids or solvents.
• damage from impact, abrasion, sharp objects or writing instruments, or exposure to direct sunlight or excess heat.
• customer’s own materials and any other customer-supplied items.
To the extent allowed by law, any implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed and to the extent they are legally required, are limited in duration to the duration of this written warranty. Sven Christiansen shall not be liable for loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, or incidental or consequential damages in relation to any claim under this warranty.
(updated May 2015)